One of the best ways to wow your shoppers and convince them to place an order is to let your products do the talking.
When shoppers are spoilt for choices, you can influence their buying decisions by showing your products in action rather than saying it with witty words.
Video headers on your homepage can potentially nudge shoppers to stay on your online store longer and explore your products. Not just that, videos deliver a more immersive experience and build a standout brand image from the get-go.
And guess what? You’ll find some awesome Shopify themes with video headers to design the perfect website aesthetics.
We reviewed over 200 Shopify themes to find the 10 best options with video headers to maximize the visual impact. In this guide, I’ll break down these ten themes with key features and who they’re best for.
Here’s what video headers on your homepage can do for your brand
If you’re still on the fence about the idea of adding videos on your homepage, let me clue you in on the impact you can create with a video header.
- Convey your brand’s story: A larger-than-life video is the best way to welcome new shoppers to your Shopify store and share your story. Use this opportunity to highlight your unique values that resonate with your shoppers and present a glimpse of your journey.
- Pique shoppers’ curiosity: Video headers can also ramp up customer engagement. You can speak directly to your target audience and present an intriguing narrative with this video. For example, Apolla gives you a glimpse of their key features and uses empathetic language to build a rapport with new visitors.
- Spotlight new products or offers: The hero section is also the perfect place to talk about new products or special offers. You can create a stellar video to showcase all new launches and convince shoppers to get the best of compelling offers. For example, Dr. Dennis Gross shows two videos on their homepage to spotlight their new and best-selling products.
- Give a 360-degree view: You can shorten the path to purchase for new shoppers by adding a 360-degree product video in the header. Take True Classic as an example—they’ve added a video comparing their product with others to give you a quick breakdown of what makes them better. It’s clear and compelling for shoppers to check out their products.
- Drive immediate action: A huge benefit of adding videos in your homepage header is the prominent call-to-action. Instead of confusing shoppers with textual copy, you can make things much easier with an impactful video. It’ll motivate them to explore your collection and drive up the conversion rates.
The bottom line: video headers can change the game for Shopify businesses. Let’s look at the best themes you can choose from for visual impact and brand promotion.
10 best Shopify themes with video headers for eCommerce brands
A good Shopify theme will help you draw buyers’ attention. But the right one will help you hold their attention and push them toward a purchase.
We went through 200+ Shopify themes (free and paid) to shortlist the 10 best eCommerce themes with video headers. Read our review to find the best website aesthetics aligned with your brand!
Best For: Luxury apparel, lifestyle brands, cosmetic products
See It in Action: Distinctive
Distinctive offers a clean yet striking visual layout for your site. It integrates multiple scroll-based animations for a smooth user experience and features high-resolution images to tell your brand's story.
The checkout section has several customer-friendly options: gift wrapping, pre-orders, and in-store holding/pickups. This makes it perfect for boutique stores that want to build a community around their products.
- Ideal for merchants that deal with in-person sales
- Easily customizable long-form text and image sections for visual storytelling
- Great conversion tools (back-in-stock alerts, contact forms, in-menu promos, etc.)
Best For: Luxury swimwear, high-end sportswear, women’s fashion
See It in Action: Sahara
Sahara is a sleek, modern theme ideal for businesses with high-volume sales. It’s built to power a mobile-first experience and hosts three presets with easy-to-setup content blocks.
The Online Store 2.0 compatibility also gives complete visual control over all page elements through a simple drag-and-drop functionality. All in all, Sahara provides a very conversion-focused experience with in-depth product filtering and sorting options.
- Free and continuous support for long-term site functionality
- Slide-out/sticky carts, quick-buy, and promo popups for customer’s ease-of-use
- Excellent product discovery features (collection pages, breadcrumb navigation, etc.)
Best For: Premium cosmetic brands, accessories & stationery
See It in Action: Cornerstone
Cornerstone is all about getting the right product to the right customer as quickly as possible. It provides advanced search and filtering options and flexible product cards to highlight large catalogs,
The theme also comes packed with tools to generate hype and boost sales, including countdown timers, promo banners, and cross-selling recommendations.
- Simple, no-code theme suited for high-volume transactions
- Advanced navigation and search optimization for product discovery
- User-friendly interface to supercharge sales (infinite scroll, charts, slideshows, etc.)
Best For: Boutique jewelry, chic accessories & clothing
See It in Action: Gem
Gem is clean, bold, and designed with drop shippers in mind. It offers highly customizable sectional layouts with multiple color swatches without compromising page performance and speed.
Gem is also optimized for long-form text descriptions and hosts a slew of advanced page designs for you to choose from. This, coupled with its flexible product media tabs, lets you showcase your catalog exactly how you want to.
- Image hotspot linking, high-resolution galleries, and curated lookbooks
- Excellent marketing options, including press coverage mentions and trust badges
- Superb conversion tools (quick-buy, ‘shop-the-look,’ detailed product tabs/videos)
Best For: Electronic gadgets, PC peripherals, phone accessories
See It in Action: Electro
Electro is a budget-friendly theme best suited to a clientele looking for easily consumable information before making a purchase.
Its layout options provide shoppers with quick access to product variants, comparison tabs, and cross-selling recommendations to boost your sales. The theme’s mobile-first approach ensures top-notch site performance and page load speeds.
- Easy setup for quick and hassle-free store launches
- Choice of 30+ sections and layouts to display product specs
- Comprehensive meta fields for intuitive product comparisons
Best For: Athleisure brands & premium sportswear
See It in Action: Streamline
Streamline is modern, eye-catching, and intuitive. It hosts a compact preview modal that lets buyers see a product, add it to the cart, and continue shopping—all without ever leaving the page.
The inclusion of widgets such as the sidebar filters, menu columns, and sub-collection tabs means your shoppers find what they are looking for almost instantly. Simply put, everything about Streamline screams 'See, Grab & Go’.
- Mobile-friendly design with scrolling text and smooth animations
- Quick view tools, promo popups, and banners for enhanced cross-selling
- Time-based promotions to run flash sales highlight specific product categories, etc.
Best For: Craft alcoholic beverages & other age-restricted items
See It in Action: Venue
Venue delivers an elegant, minimal design with high-resolution galleries and is compatible with all devices. Its drop-down menus, grid-style imagery, and sub-collection tabs are all focused on bringing large catalogs to the forefront.
And while suitable for any online store, it works best for merchants involved with in-person sales. The checkout section's gift-wrapping option lets shoppers personalize purchases without hassle.
- Quick shop feature to keep customers in the buying mindset
- Sticky headers and mega menus for easy product sorting and filtering
- Event calendars, in-menu popups, and banners to run time-gated campaigns
Best For: High-end apparel & fashion, men’s accessories
See It in Action: Capital
Capital comes with bright visuals, lean text sections, and stunning large imagery. There are three presets to choose from, each of which can be customized further to make your store stand out.
The theme hosts a grid-style layout and collections page that allows you to showcase high-value products and specific categories with precision. There are also custom promo tiles and in-menu popups to maximize your sales.
- Scrolling text animation in product templates for better visibility
- Image rollovers, hotspot links, and slideshows for ease of navigation
- Enhanced search, product sorting, and ‘recently viewed’ tab to simplify purchasing
Best For: Luxury clothing, perfume & fragrances
See It in Action: Reformation
Reformation is all about intuitively showcasing your catalog. Built for stores with high-volume sales, it comes with video support for its slideshow sections that lets buyers see everything in action.
Its product cards also host a hover-style image display that gives shoppers a 360-degree view of a potential purchase. Coupled with the option of a sticky cart widget, this keeps your customers engaged in the buying process.
- Pre-orders, slide-out carts, quick-buy to help boost sales
- 30+ conversion-optimized templates and layouts to choose from
- Infinite scrolls, lookbooks, and size charts to accelerate customer decisions
Best For: Premium apparel brands, grooming & self-care products
See It in Action: Stiletto
Stiletto combines luxury with an angular and minimalist design. Its drop-down menu collections, bold product offer templates, and column grids are all focused on helping shoppers make quick buying decisions.
The theme also offers compact product cards with simplified add-to-cart widgets, built-in app functionality, and incredible layout customization options.
- Detailed product tabs and filters for ease of use
- Quick shop, sticky carts, pre-orders, and promo popups to maximize conversions
- Countdown timers, event calendars, promo banners for time-based sales
Add optimized videos to your eCommerce store homepage with Videowise
Now, you have all the options to select the best theme for your Shopify store. But choosing the theme is just the first step.
You need optimized videos on the homepage to load your website quickly and create a seamless user experience. That’s where Videowise can be your silver bullet!
Videowise is a powerful eCommerce video platform designed to help Shopify stores leverage video marketing across all channels. You can upload optimized, lazy-loaded videos to your homepage header without compromising the page load speed.
Check out how True Classic and several other brands achieved this—and you can, too!